Skip to content
Call Now Button
- On the day of your wisdom teeth surgery, please avoid hot foods that will prolong bleeding.
- Soft and cold foods (such as ice cream, milkshakes, puddings, and yogurt) are the best.
- Over the next several days you can gradually introduce coarse/sold foods to your meal.
- Limit your chewing to areas away from the surgical sites.
- Do not to skip meals (regular nourishment will help you will feel better with less discomfort).
- Avoid small particle foods like nuts, seeds, and popcorn which may get lodged in the sockets.
- Drink plenty of fluids from a glass (do not use a straw as extraction site healing can be disturbed dislodging the blood clot).
- High calorie, high protein intake is especially important.
- If diabetic, maintain your normal eating habits as much as possible and follow instructions from your physician regarding your insulin schedule.
- Please note that after general anaesthetic or I.V. sedation, liquids should be taken at first.